So I know you all have been waiting for this post because I am the self proclaimed “Champagne Champion” and your go to Brunch Connoisseur! So boom, pardon my lateness on this, but at least it is here. These places are all affordable [maybe except one, but I will put an alert on it lol]. This should be your holy grail of guides because I legit put my heart, soul, and foot into this… SO YOU BETTA LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE [lol less aggression, but please do lol]. So here comes the list [it is not in ranking order]:
- Teddy and the Bully Bar 1200 19th St NW, Washington, DC 20036 [Farragut North, Farragut West, and Dupont Circle Metro stations]. First of all, Do not drive into DC. Especially to this place, you will regret driving.. especially since the mimosas are strong and it does get lit, so take precaution or have a designated driver. Brunch begings at 11:00am and ends 3pm. There usually is not a time limit but it does get super busy in here. It is grand for a birthday brunch (which is seriously becoming a great trend, I AM SO HERE FOR A BIRTHDAY BRUNCH) since there is a DJ and hella live scene. I highly recommend this place especially for the bottomless drinks, bottomless food, omelette and waffle stations. Reservation strongly suggested. Cuteness also strongly suggested lol
- El Centro Multiple locations [U street, Georgetown, Ronald Reagan] Did somebody say bottomless tequila?? This place does not have a DJ, BUT the environment is so fun and chill. It is tapas style so the food is bottomless as well as the drinks. I always get the agua fresca (the tequila) but you have the option to get what option to get other drinks, which is why I love the place so much. If you are looking for something a bit more toned down and smart casual. Check this place out!
- Toro Toro 1300 I Eye St NW Washington, DC 20005
This place is cute. Definitely has a Latin feel. For my seafood lovers, they have a seafood bar (unlimited). The scene is a little ritzy, low key, and more toned down than the previously mentioned locations. There is also an omelette station and other cute things to eat. The only difference is this is kind of Buffet style, so if you are not a fan of such, then this place is not for you. I definitely had a nice time there, but I was not on turn up champagne champion level.
- Masa 14 1825 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009 Now I have had my good and bad days with Masa. I had my birthday brunch here and it was so fun! whereas, I had came another day to a menu that I was not too fond of. HOWEVER, the drinks were still on point. If you are looking for a hip place to grab some drinks (bottomless of course) for brunch with friends or out-of-towners, you can definitely check this Masa 14 out. They are super creative with their dishes, so each time is a different experience.
- Station 4 1101 4th St SW, Washington, DC 20024 WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! talk about LIT. Now this place is not bottomless food, however… the food was on point and the drinks kept on coming. I do not remember when I recovered, but I do know I recovered in time to make it for work the next day (Praise Be). Another cute detail is the scenery, it is right by the water (yall know I am a sucka for cute, swanky places). Give this place a shot, I guarantee you will not regret.
- Tico 1926 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009 Another cute place that will get you thoroughly bubbly. You can buy bottles and get your juices in a carafe. So it is not where your class is constantly refilled, but you will pour your own drinks and the the price works out just the same. Cute place, not the whole swanky feel, but the art work in the establishment is mesmerizing. Also, they were VERY accommodating. We legit had 2 more people join our table, and they accepted [Hey more monies for them lol]. Food is not unlimited, but delish. Chill atmosphere and HUGE windows.. Instagram worthy pics!
- Beacon Bar and Grill 1615 Rhode Island Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036 Ok, this one is bottomless drinks, but not food (sigh, I tend to love tapas style and so does my belly lol]. It is in a hotel and is very very very chill. If you like a quiet environment, this is the place for you, well at least for me it was super quiet. I am used to very live environment and this brunch was very low key and calm lol- Like… I can bring my pops to brunch and he probably wont complain. So if you want a very chill and low key brunch… this one is for you.
- 1905 1905 9th St NW, Washington, DC 20001 I do not even know how to introduce this gem that had me on some sort of cloud. This place is cute and a bit more intimate. I invited my girlfriends to this place and it is legit hidden, but so cute. Very old school (by old I mean colonial times old) and had me on some sort of psychedelic high with their special bottomless elderberry drink. I do not even remember how I got home, but as soon as I did, I knocked out and woke up in a daze lol. Let’s just say it is a cool spot that is chill and low key in a good way. Food is not bottomless, but the drinks are.
- Policy 1904 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009 It has been a while since I have been here, but I thoroughly enjoyed my food and the bottomless mimosas and that is a bit tough to do for me. Usually the food is good, but does not blow me away to where I would like to buy another one (I usually kill that idea whilst downing more mimosas). Policy actually made me want to buy their skillet meal to-go after devouring my initial buy. It is a bit crowded and tight on space, but overall fun environment. It is NOT a chill place, you will probably have to shout at your friends, but it is ok if they are on the same level of litness.
- Fiola Mare 3050 K St NW, Washington, DC 20007 The only place on my list that I have not attended.. YET. I do know it is swanky and has views, so it is on my go to list. I have been to restaurants around it (Like Fishers, Farmers, Bakers) and love the modern feel of the whole area. The river-walk is literally steps away, so if you want to make this a brunch date, by all means go ahead! Now doesn’t a waterfront brunch have a nice “ting” to it? It is a little on the pricier side (I mean, it is Georgetown), but I can vouch that it is worth it for the views x booze. This is why my next brunch meet up will definitely be here, so I can come back with a mini review and I do believe I (or you) would not be disappointed!
Hope you guys enjoyed this long overdue list! If you do decide to go to any of said places, let them know nnennayalator from notesandnods sent you! It may grow over time and may change as my taste does change (chile I am getting old), but I will definitely keep everyone updated on the latest and timeless brunch spots!
Happy Brunching from the Champagne Champion [Me]!